LaVar Ball thinks son LiAngelo’s arrest in China ‘not a big deal’

first_imgKiss-and-tell matinee idol’s conquests: True stories or tall tales? It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson Netizens were quick to predict the grim consequences ahead for the 18-year-old guard, but his outspoken father, LaVar Ball, assured everyone that his middle son would be all right.“He’ll be fine,” the Ball patriarch said, according to Ohm Youngmisuk of ESPN. “He’ll be fine. Everybody making it a big deal. It ain’t that big of a deal.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’SPORTSFederer blasts lack of communication on Australian Open smogLiAngelo’s older brother Los Angeles Lakers guard Lonzo Ball also didn’t seem too worried about his sibling.“No, I haven’t talked to any of them yet,” he told the news outlet. “I know they are all over there in China taking care of it, so I will talk to them when they get back.” Jo Koy: My brain always wants to think funny LATEST STORIES LaVar Ball, father of Lonzo Ball #2 of the Los Angeles Lakers, jokes with fans at halftime of a 2017 Summer League game between the Lakers and the Los Angeles Clippers at the Thomas & Mack Center on July 7, 2017 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Clippers won 96-93 in overtime.  Ethan Miller/Getty Images/AFPUCLA freshman LiAngelo Ball hogged the headlines for all the wrong reasons on Tuesday after he was arrested along with two other teammates for allegedly shoplifting sunglasses from a Louis Vuitton store in Hangzhou, China.READ: LiAngelo Ball, UCLA teammates arrested in China for shopliftingADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ Coco’s house rules on ‘Probinsyano’ set Margot Robbie talks about filming ‘Bombshell’s’ disturbing sexual harassment scenecenter_img MOST READ Redemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie Thompson OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson View comments Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award A follow-up report by ESPN’s Arash Markazi confirmed that Ball and teammates Cody Riley and Jalen Hill had been released on bail on Wednesday (Thursday in Manila), but is barred from leaving their hotel until the legal process pushes through.The team is in the country to play an exhibition game against Georgia Tech in Shanghai this weekend.  Khristian Ibarrola /raSports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Magic end two-game losing streak with 112-99 win over Knickslast_img read more

Leicester close to SELLING Vardy in summer, Teixeira set for China, Neymar to leave Barcelona? – Paper review

first_imgHere are the top transfer-related stories in Thursday’s newspapers…The father of Brazil star Neymar has revealed his son could leave Barcelona after an unnamed club offered £114.4million for the forward. Manchester United and Man City have been linked with brining him to the Premier League. (The Sun)Leicester City reportedly came close to selling Premier League top scorer Jamie Vardy to Championship side Sheffield Wednesday six months ago in a £5m deal. (Football Insider)The Foxes made an ambitious January transfer window bid to sign former Ballon d’Or winner Ronaldinho. The 35-year-old is a free agent since leaving Fluminense in September. (Mundo Deportivo)Liverpool target Alex Teixeira is set to leave Shakhtar Donetsk to join Chinese club Jiangsu Suning in a deal worth £37m. (Calciomercato)Turkish club Fenerbahce claim Liverpool will not sell 21-year-odl winger Lazar Markovic even if they offer the Reds £20m for the on-loan Serb. (Turkish newspaper Sabah)Manchester City defender Aleksandar Kolarov is reconsidering a potential move to a Serie A club this summer because he wants to work with new manager Pep Guardiola. (Manchester Evening News)Chelsea goalkeeper Asmir Begovic is prepared to leave the club in the summer becoming increasingly frustrated at the lack of playing time at Stamford Bridge. (The Sun)Victor Wanyama is continuing to stall on a new deal at Southampton amid rumoured interest from Arsenal and Tottenham. (Daily Mirror)Aston Villa are looking at back-up plans in case boss Remi Garde decides to quit the club. The Frenchman repeatedly rejected opportunities to publicly commit his future to the club after Tuesday night’s defeat at West Ham. (Birmingham Mail)Former England defender Ashley Cole’s move to LA Galaxy will see the 35-year-old receive just £4,000-a-week in wages. (LA Times)And here are the latest talkSPORT.com headlines…?Manchester City will win Premier League ‘by five or six points’ this season, Dietmar Hamann tells talkSPORT Arsenal foe Fraser Forster has turned Southampton’s season around, says Matt Le Tissier‘Best defence, creative midfield and red-hot striker – It’s a great time to be a Tottenham fan’, admits Piers MorganPiers Morgan: ‘Arsene Wenger is NEVER going to change… he is not ruthless enough anymore’Piers Morgan: ‘If Giroud scores against Barcelona, I will do a naked conga around the Emirates!’Atletico Madrid want Diego Costa back after selling Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for £31m Manchester City report: Joe Hart’s future in doubt as Pep Guardiola plots deal for Barcelona goalkeeper Arsenal and Liverpool target Gonzalo Higuain says Maurizio Sarri was key in keeping him at NapoliArsenal’s Mathieu Debuchy on Bordeaux move: ‘I needed playing time for Euro 2016 – it’s my primary objective’Real Madrid move to tie down Borja Mayoral amid interest in starlet from Arsenal and Chelsealast_img read more