SOCU Prosecutor a no-show

first_imgPradoville land saleThe Special Organised Crime Unit’s (SOCU) prosecutor was a no-show in court on Monday when the Pradoville land sale case was called at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts.Chief MagistrateAnn McLennanPeople’s Progressive Party Presidential Candidate Irfaan Ali, is before the court as a result of trumped-up political motivated charges for allegedly selling State lands under market value, was present in court with his lawyers when the matter was called. After the prosecutor failed to make an appearance, Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan adjourned the case to September 27, 2019. Ali’s lawyers informed the Chief Magistrate that they intend to file proceedings in the full court for a stay in the matter.High Court Judge Dawn Gregory, on Friday last did not grant a stay order.Ali is facing 19 charges in relation to the sale of land in the ‘Pradoville 2’ Housing Scheme between 2010-2015. He was serving as Housing Minister during the time.last_img read more

NowDOC dealt with over 4,000 calls over Christmas

first_imgThe Donegal NowDOC service dealt with 4,070 calls between December 22nd 2017 and January 1st 2018. The GP family doctor service, which provides urgent GP care to patients for patients in Donegal and south Leitrim, says that the Christmas and New Year holiday period has proved “extremely busy” as predicted.There was a 3% increase in the number of calls received over the course of December 2017 in comparison to December 2016, with some 7,211 calls being received by NowDOC. A spokesperson for the HSE says: “Approximately 70% of all calls received a GP consultation and/or treatment in one of our centres or at home, whereas the remaining 30% received nursing advice.“On completion of the nursing triage process, a clinical decision will be made regarding the appropriate level of care, as patients can be seen by a GP in one of our main treatment centres, located at Letterkenny, Carndonagh, Mountcharles, Derrybeg and Carrick-on-Shannon.“HSE Management at NoWDOC GP out of Hours Service would like to sincerely thank all of our GPs and staff members for the excellent dedicated service provided over the 2017 Christmas and subsequent New Year holiday period.”NowDOC dealt with over 4,000 calls over Christmas was last modified: January 5th, 2018 by Elaine McCalligShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:doctorGPNowDoclast_img read more