Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
Dutch social affairs minister Wouter Koolmees is confident that employers and unions will soon agree proposals for a new pensions system, despite the fact that the government’s deadline of early April has expired.In a letter to the Netherlands’ parliament comprising an update of the status of the system reform plans, Koolmees said he expected advice soon “as during the past years, many elements have already been fleshed out and the urgency [of proposals] is undiminished”.However, large trade union FNV said it was less convinced that the social partners would produce a result in the near future.“We’ll see whether and when the debate will produce anything,” said Tuur Elzinga, the union’s trustee for pension matters. He emphasised that his organisation was fighting for “a decent pension for all”. Tuur Elzinga, FNVElzinga said that the union would continue its work to preserve the pensions system.One of the bottlenecks for progress on the reforms is the ongoing debate within the Social and Economic Council (SER) between employers and workers about a new pensions contract.Although the SER initially indicated that it favoured individual pensions accrual combined with a degree of risk-sharing, the FNV has increased its support for a continuation of collective pension arrangements.A new contract for pensions in real terms is now also on the negotiation table.The minister’s letter came at the request of Pieter Omtzigt, MP for the Christian Democrats party (CDA), who reminded Koolmees that the debate about pensions reform had been going on for eight years.The MP said he wondered what the minister’s optimism was based on, adding that he was disappointed about the social partners’ failure to meet multiple deadlines.Jetta Klijnsma, Koolmees’s predecessor, first asked for the SER’s advice on pension system reform four years ago.At the time, she said she wanted to know the SER’s opinion about the future of occupational pensions and the necessary transition route.
Share Share 19 Views no discussions NewsRegional Nominations for 2012 Anthony N Sagba Caribbean Awards now open by: – July 4, 2011 Sharing is caring! Share Tweet Members of the Eminent Persons Panel at this awards ceremony earlier this year. The nominations for the 2012 Anthony N Sabga Caribbean Awards for Excellence officially opened on June 1, and will officially close on August 31, 2011.This is the second year of our yearly cycle and the transition has been seamless. The committees and Panel have adjusted and all deadlines were met with ease. Again this year the call for nominations is open, and not dependent upon the committees’ resources. We have, however, realized the need to increase visibility and media awareness of our presence in the region and further.The 2011 call for nominations was augmented by print advertising throughout the English- speaking Caribbean, and direct contact with a number of professional and academic institutions, primarily the University of the West Indies. Most territories registered no increases in the number of nominations, with the exception of Trinidad & Tobago, where the number of nominations saw amarginal increase. We have deduced that this is because of the high exposure the Awards acquired via our public lectures, and our media coverage.Following from this, we have changed our strategy in the 2012 cycle. Rather than rely on only print and mail contact, we have been able to have the Awards profiled in a regional television programme, Caribbean Passport, which aired on television stations throughout the region in June and July.A profile of the Caribbean Awards will be featured as part of Caribbean Airlines inflight presentation in July-August. We hope these strategies will bear the fruit of further exposure of the Awards, since all the good work we do will be for naught if is remains unseen and unrecognized.We urge all our subscribers to be sensitive to opportunities for such exposure.The Anthony N. Sabga Caribbean Awards for Excellence
Taylor Rowlett (4 points) and Kelsey Roell (4 points) led the team in scoring. Taylor also lead the team with 5 steals. Jill Hartman had a team high 6 rebounds. The Batesville 8th grade girls’ basketball team lost to St. Louis by a score of 37 to 17. The seventh grade Lady Bulldogs won a close contest against a good St. Louis team.The Bulldogs were led in scoring by Hattie Westerfeld with 12 followed by Ellie Waechter with 10, and Caitlyn Broering with 6. Sydney Ayette and Stephanie Nobbe played very well defensively for the Dogs.The seventh grade girls are now 1 and 2 on the season.St Louis 7th grade Lady Cardinals hosted cross town rival Batesville Bulldogs Monday night and came up on the losing end by a final score of 31 to 29.St Louis worked hard on both ends of the floor. Best of the year. The game was entertaining and up for grabs right up to the final horn.Hanna Hurm lead the offense with 12 points. Hailey Mohr followed with 6. Avery Roell & Harlee Masavage each had 4 points. Kate Burkhart added 3.Score by Quarter. St Louis 6 Batesville 4; St Louis 14 Batesville 10; St Louis 20 Batesville 22; St Louis 29 Batesville 31. Score by Quarter:BMS: 4 8 12 17ST. L: 11 17 28 37Batesville Season Record: 2-1.St. Louis 8th grade girls were victorious over Batesville, 37-17.SLS had 3 girls in double figures. Gabi Garcia had 14, Audrey Weigel with 13, and Baylee Rohlfing with 10. Rohlfing dominated the boards with 13 rebounds. Weigel had 6 steals and Audrey Amberger had 5 steals.Submitted by all of the coaches.
The MN 93 IMCA Modifieds put on a flag-to-flag race with three-wide racing throughout the 20 laps. The fast car on the track was piloted by Tyler Limoges, who got around five cars in six laps to take over the front spot and stay there for the duration. ARLINGTON, Minn. (Aug. 24) – Josh Larsen led the entire B&B Racing Chassis IMCA Stock Car feature to pick up his first career win in the class Saturday at Arlington Raceway. By the 18th lap, Larsen got a bit high in turn four as he was going around lapped traffic and slid off the track a bit but was able to recover and maintain his spot. Matt Speckman was working to challenge and got up to second before mechanical troubles putting him in the pit. Tim Siercks prevailed in a 23-car Unhinged Pizza IMCA Northern SportMod tussle and Scott Porter was the Coors Light IMCA Sport Compact winner. Josh Larsen scored his career-first IMCA Sunoco Stock Car feature win Saturday at Arlington Raceway. (Photo by Sarah Moriarty) Trevor Serbus took home the trophy in the Alpha Media IMCA RaceSaver Sprint Car feature while the Eckblad Trucking IMCA Hobby Stock feature again saw Cory Probst take the lead halfway through and lead to the finish. After that, A.J. Zimmerman stayed right behind Larsen to take second ahead of Dan Mackenthun, who had started 10th.
RelatedPosts Bale completes Tottenham return from Real Madrid Tottenham sign £25m Sergio Reguilon Tottenham re-signs Bale on loan Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane ran into the back of a car at the weekend and then posed for a picture with the other driver. The Frenchman knocked into another car leaving it with a dent on its rear but was all smiles with the driver after making the mistake. Driver Ignacio Fernandez said Zidane was “well-mannered” despite being involved in the accident. Zidane was driving his Audi Rs6 while Fernandez was in a Audi Q4 when the accident in Madrid took place. Fernandez, speaking to Golders, said of Zidane: “Around 9.30am near Valdebebas I was entering a roundabout and I braked a little abruptly, and I was hit by the car behind me. “I parked up and saw another car speed past me, I thought he was driving off, but then I saw he was parking too. I got out of my car and realised it was Zidane. “I thought ‘what a relief’ because I knew he had enough to pay for the insurance. I apologised for braking suddenly, but I could not risk it and he told me he was a little distracted and that he was sorry too.” Fernandez made a joke by saying he would swap cars with Zidane before exchanging details and posing for a photo while roadside. The accident occurred a day before Real Madrid defeated Osasuna. Zidane’s luck changed during the fixture as Real Madrid ran out 4-1 winners with Isco, Sergio Ramos, Lucas Vazquez and Luka Jovic all on the scoresheet for the LaLiga leaders.Tags: Audi Rs6Ignacio FernandezReal Madrid
RelatedPosts NPFL: Coach Dogo leaves Sunshine Stars NFF sanctions NPFL 2019/2020 final table Ex-Eagles’ keeper joins Kwara United Hosts Nasarawa United Football Club of Lafia on Wednesday beat Rangers International FC of Enugu 2-1 to ease their relegation worries in the 2019/2020 Nigeria Professional Football League. The News Agency of Nigeria reports that victory in the rescheduled Match Day 14 fixture played at the Lafia Township Stadium did not come easy for the home team. Israel Abia put the home side in a bad situation after he scored with an excellent free kick at the edge of the Nasarawa United penalty box in the 4th minute. The home side quickly regrouped to pile pressure on the away team and in the 6th minute were awarded a penalty kick for a foul on Chinedu Ohanachom. Abubakar Lawal stepped up to convert the penalty kick to make it 1-1. In the second half, Nasarawa United mounted series of attack to maintain pressure and continued to slice the Rangers team apart with creative passes and unique team work. They went on to achieve the breakthrough they were looking for in the 52nd minute through Abdullahi Abubakar, who handled the ball after the Rangers goalkeeper parried it towards him. NAN reports that all efforts to increase the lead proved abortive as the Rangers defensive structure remained resolute till the final whistle was blown. Isaac Danladi, Chairman of Nasarawa United, expressed joy over the victory and the fact that the team had finally pulled out of the relegation zone. But he added that more work still needed to be done to ensure the team does not fall back into the current season’s relegation zone again. Danladi said: “There is still a lot of work to be done. “Yes, we are temporarily out of the relegation zone, but by the special grace of God and in some few weeks time, we will be completely out of it.” NAN reports that Nasarawa United are currently in the 13th position on the NPFL log and travel to Bauchi to face Wikki Tourists in their next fixture.Tags: Chinedu OhanachomEnugu RangersLafia Township StadiumNasarawa United FCnpfl
Officials in Ohio are reporting that a 49-year-old woman was found dead inside of her home after being attacked by her own dogs.The incident was reported in Clearcreek Township, Ohio on Friday.Authorities say Mary Matthews was discovered unresponsive by her husband Mark Matthews, who had returned home from a three-day stent at the county jail.When investigators arrived at the scene, they reported finding several bite marks on the victim as well as blood scattered throughout the home. The report also stated the victim put the dogs out onto an enclosed patio, changed her clothing, and attempted to clean up some of the blood before succumbing to her injuries.The husband told authorities that the couple rescued the two Great Danes two years ago and one of them recently became aggressive and attacked him. He then went on to say that he wanted to get rid of the dog but his wife insisted on keeping it.Mark also reported that his wife suffered from alcoholism and took several prescription drugs which may have impacted her ability to realize the severity of her injuries.According to a report from WLWT both dogs have since been euthanized.
Reacting to the stalled economy, the Alternative Winter and Spring Break programs are giving students more choices in domestic destinations for the service trips and helping them find creative ways to fund their trips.Though the number of participants in Alternative Winter and Spring Break programs remains the same as last year, more students than ever are asking about scholarship opportunities, payment options and fundraising, according to Melissa Gaeke, director of Alternative Spring Break.Gaeke said the Alternative Winter and Spring Break programs are doing their best to accommodate possible participants who are concerned about the cost of the trips in order to ensure a successful spring break for all who are interested.Already, Gaeke said, fundraising efforts have increased.“We are doing a lot more fundraising this year. The fundraising has been done through places like California Pizza Kitchen, 21 Choices and Yogurtland,” said Gaeke. “We’re trying any way to reduce the cost as much as possible for the students and their families.”To keep costs down, Alternative Spring Break is also boosting the number of local options offered. Gaeke hopes these local destinations will be more affordable choices for those who think the international service programs are too costly.Though international programs can cost anywhere from $915 to $2,500, domestic programs range from free trips to ones costing $800.Alice Hyun, a freshman majoring in business administration, said the new Alternative Spring Break options are a better fit for her budget.“If cost were not a problem at all, I would have applied to go to an international site, Guatemala, but I’m going to have to apply to a domestic site instead,” Hyun said. “Even though cost is an issue, I still want to do something productive with my spring break.”Some of the new, domestic programs include a civic leadership program in Atlanta and a program on Catalina Island in partnership with the Wrigley Institute.Despite the fundraising and increase in domestic destinations, some students still find Alternative Break programs too costly.“I was considering doing alternative spring break, but extra fundraising can only go so far,” said Ravi Mahesh, a sophomore majoring in economics. “I’m really sad that I can’t do one of the volunteer programs. I’ll probably end up volunteering somewhere closer to home where the costs are less expensive instead.”Though some students have chosen not to apply, Gaeke emphasized that interest is still strong because people still want to serve the community and to travel.“The reason students are applying isn’t different,” Gaeke said. “More and more students recognize these are interesting opportunities, want to travel and see parts of the world or the country other than road-tripping with their friends, and learn more about themselves through community service.”
The No. 3-ranked USC women’s sand volleyball team split its season opener in the first-ever competition at the brand-new Merle Norman Stadium Sunday afternoon in front of a large home crowd. The Women of Troy (1-1) defeated Loyola Marymount 4-1 and narrowly lost to No. 4 Florida State 3-2.Grand opening · Junior Sam Hirschmann (right) and freshman Sydney Seau (No. 21) fell in close contests to LMU (21-18, 21-19), and also to Florida State (21-19, 21-19). USC still defeated LMU 4-1. – William Ehart | Daily Trojan The Women of Troy opened up the day on a good note by soundly defeating LMU (0-2). USC got off to a good start with the USC pair of junior Brooke Fournier and senior Natasha Siljkovic defeating the Lions’ Ashley Maxfedlt and Taylor Sciocsia in straight sets, 21-13, 21-9. However, LMU would answer the Trojans when Amber Mirabello and Hannah Tedrow swept the USC pair of junior Sam Hirschmann and freshman Sydney Seau 21-18, 21-19.With the match tied at 1-1, the USC’s second-best pair of senior Katie Fuller and graduate student Stevi Robinson came out to sweep the LMU pair of Rachelle Suaava and Anne Marie Taylor 21-15, 21-12 to give the Women of Troy a 2-1 lead that they would not give back.The dual was clinched by USC with sophomores Eve Ettinger and Alexa Stonish defeating Avery Bush and Litara Keli in straight sets 21-15, 21-12.USC’s top-ranked pair of junior Kirby Burnham and sophomore Bria Russ would then put the icing on the cake with a come-from-behind, three-set win over Felicia Arriola and Kenna Crouse, 18-21, 21-15, 15-11, to give the Women of Troy their first win in the new stadium.“That first win was important because I thought that it instilled a sense of confidence in our team, and it was a relief to get that first win under our belt,” Robinson said.In the second match of the doubleheader, USC took on No. 4-ranked Florida State but would struggle to find its groove early, which ultimately proved costly.“I felt we played okay and thought we were a little more nervous than I thought we would be with the whole ambiance of the new stadium — the band, the crowd and not to mention an experienced Florida State team that beat us last year as well,” head coach Anna Collier said.USC’s fourth- and fifth-ranked pairs opened up the dual with losses in straight sets, although they were close throughout. The No. 5-ranked pair of Hirschmann and Seau narrowly lost to the Florida State pair of Kristina and Stephanie Pelliterri, 21-19, 21-19.“We competed in every game against Florida State,” Collier said. “The overall match is really only a difference in four points, which is really good for us with the limited experience that we have.”The Seminoles (2-0) clinched victory by sweeping the pair of Ettinger and Stonish 21-17, 21-10.Even with the match already decided, USC fought back with the top-ranked pair of Burnham and Russ, sweeping its match against the Seminoles. The second-ranked pair of Fuller and Robinson also won its match in a three-set thriller 21-16, 18-21, 15-12.“Obviously, we would have liked to come out with the overall win, but for being a new team and only a few of us having experience from last year, I thought we did pretty well,” Robinson said.In just its second season, the team is already making large strides toward becoming one of the top squads in the country and is currently ranked No. 3. It finished 7-4 last year in its inaugural season. However, experience remains the main issue for the Women of Troy.“We don’t have a lot of beach experience, and these girls are just coming from an indoor program so we don’t have a lot of competitions under our belt,” Collier said. “So bottom line, the best thing for us moving forward is experience.”Senior Natasa Siljkovic of Serbia, who just wrapped up her three-year career as a middle blocker for USC’s indoor team, played her first-ever match of competitive volleyball on the sand Sunday.“For me, this is a whole new experience and a whole different game, but I am really excited to be a part of this team,” Siljkovic said.USC will look to gain more experience on the beach circuit as it participates in another three-team dual against CSU Bakersfield and Grand Canyon University at Merle Norman Stadium on Thursday, March 14. First serve is set for 1 p.m.