CSFB grades Ashtenne as best

first_imgWould you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.last_img

Governor Wolf Announces Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program Application Deadline Extended to End of Year

first_img SHARE Email Facebook Twitter June 08, 2018 Human Services,  Press Release Harrisburg, PA — Governor Tom Wolf today announced the deadline for older adults and Pennsylvania residents with disabilities to apply for rebates on rent and property taxes paid in 2017 has been extended from June 30 to Dec. 31, 2018.“Last year nearly 600,000 seniors and people with disabilities benefited from the Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program,” Governor Wolf said. “We are extending the deadline again this year because we want to be sure everyone who is eligible has time to submit their applications.”Each year the Department of Revenue evaluates the program as the statutory June 30 application deadline approaches to determine if funds are available to extend the deadline. To date, funding has been available to allow all who qualify to benefit from the program.As of June 1, the department had received 472,564 rebate applications. As specified by law, rebate distributions cannot begin until July 1.Because July 1 falls on a Sunday this year, rebates that have been processed and approved will be distributed to applicants via direct deposit on July 2. Other applicants who requested a paper check to be mailed to them — and whose applications have been processed and approved — should expect to receive their payment in the mail in early July. As a reminder, applicants are required to submit their bank account information on their application forms in order to receive their rebates through direct deposit.After June 30, rebates will be distributed as claims are received and processed. Applications typically take 4-6 weeks to process.“This program delivered more than $262 million to income-eligible seniors and people with disabilities who applied for rebates on rent and property taxes paid in 2016,” Revenue Secretary Dan Hassell said. “We want everyone to know that our staff is here to assist Pennsylvanians with their applications so that they can benefit from the program.”Applicants may obtain Property Tax/Rent Rebate claim forms (PA-1000) and related information on the Department of Revenue’s website or by calling, toll-free, 1-888-222-9190.It costs nothing to apply for a rebate, and the department reminds applicants that free assistance is available at hundreds of locations across the state, including Department of Revenue district offices, local Area Agencies on Aging, senior centers and state legislators’ offices.Claimants who already applied for rebates may check the status of claims online at www.revenue.pa.gov by clicking on the “Where’s My Property Tax/Rent Rebate?” link. Claimants may also call, toll-free, 1-888-PATAXES to check the status of their rebates.Click here to access the department’s Online Customer Service Center, where Pennsylvanians can find helpful tips and answers to commonly asked questions about the Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program.About the Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program:The rebate program benefits eligible Pennsylvanians age 65 and older; widows and widowers age 50 and older; and people with disabilities age 18 and older. The income limit is $35,000 a year for homeowners and $15,000 annually for renters, and half of Social Security income is excluded.The maximum standard rebate is $650, but supplemental rebates for certain qualifying homeowners can boost rebates to $975. The Department of Revenue automatically calculates supplemental rebates for qualifying homeowners.Since the Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program’s 1971 inception, older and disabled adults have received more than $6.7 billion in property tax and rent relief. The program is funded by the Pennsylvania Lottery and revenue from slots gaming.center_img Governor Wolf Announces Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program Application Deadline Extended to End of Yearlast_img read more

There’s room for interpretation in Westlake

first_imgThere are around 20 rooms in this Westlake house, which is open for inspection on Saturday. How would you use them? THE foyer of 5 La Belle Court, Westlake opens like the preface to a grand novel, giving an overview of the designer’s intent but leaving scope for interpretation. >>>FOLLOW THE COURIER-MAIL REAL ESTATE TEAM ON FACEBOOK<<< SEE WHAT ELSE IS FOR SALE IN WESTLAKE Left to the formal dining and living areas, upstairs to bed or straight ahead to the kitchen and living areas. It’s your call.You can walk up the solid timber staircase to be wooed by the oversized ensuite and master bedroom. In Brisbane, 18 per cent of all households have a swimming pool, according to Roy Morgan data from September 2018.And chill out in the media room with sliding doors that open out to the undercover alfresco dining area, not that Jane and Ryan Fitzgerald have ever used this room as a media room, and here’s where interpretation is important. Good choice! Adults need between seven and nine hours sleep a night. With a bedroom like this, a good book and good company, maybe you could push it to 10 hours.Or go straight to the kitchen and be inspired by the open plan space.center_img Saturday’s open for inspection starts at 12pm, and we think it’s going to be huge.“It’s obviously a very big house but everything is new and clean and modern, and it’s just about maintaining that,” she said. The five-bedroom residence has had a holiday feel for the Fitzgerald family for the last four and a half years and this has created an unusual complication.“I laugh at the girls because the house is so nice, if we go away on holidays, we honestly get to some places and the girls say our house at home is nicer,” she said.“It’s got that real welcoming feel about it.”The 12-year-old house has a re-landscaped backyard to include citrus, grape vines and synthetic turf. More from newsDigital inspection tool proves a property boon for REA website3 Apr 2020The Camira homestead where kids roamed free28 May 2019People are attracted to light so it’s only natural to find yourself hanging out in this light-filled space. Work off a gourmet dinner with a few laps of the inground saltwater pool. You can decide whether this will be a media room, a hang out for the kids, or your new Zumba fitness zone. “We bought the house from a family at our school,” Mrs Fitzgerald said.“They didn’t turn it into a media room either.“The mum was telling me when they did the plans for the house that they put that window across the bottom of the wall because she would be in the kitchen preparing dinner and you can see the kids from the pool through the window.“But the room is set up to be used as a media room.”last_img read more

2 wounded in Sta. Barbara shooting

first_imgILOILO City – Two persons were woundedin a shooting incident in Barangay Lupa, Sta. Barbara, Iloilo. The suspect was only identified as acertain “Alejandro” – a homicide convict who was recently released from prison,the report added. Gequira and Lucino were brought to the WestVisayas State University Medical Center in Mandurriao district fortreatment.  Resident Rey Gequira, 32, and MarvinLucino, 28, of Barangay Agustayan, Sta. Barbara sustained gunshot wounds on thebody, a police report showed. center_img According to police investigators,Alejandro, with no apparent reason, shot the victims around 10:15 p.m. on Oct. 5. Officers of the Sta. Barbara policestation have yet to arrest the suspect, who feld after the incident./PNlast_img

Barr wins at Abilene for career first SST victory

first_imgABILENE, Texas (Aug. 8) – Even after Adam Barr won his Saturday night Sprint Series of Texas heat at Abilene Speedway, crew chief Josh Freeman saw room for improvement.Some tinkering produced a second place finish in the dash. Barr then went out and promptly won the 20-lap main event, his career-first SST victory.“It was amazing,” Barr said following the IMCA Eagle Motorsports RaceSaver Sprint Car triumph. “To be able to pull something like this off against this level of competition was an honor, and something I’ll always cherish.”Barr started outside row four and was up to second just before a lap nine yellow.He passed Craig Woods for the lead just after midway and held off Jerry Hammock and Dustin Woods for the victory following a couple late restarts.Friday night winner Jason Howell was fourth and Michelle Melton completed the top five.Feature results – 1. Adam Barr; 2. Jerry Hammock; 3. Dustin Woods; 4. Jason Howell; 5. Michelle Melton; 6. Reagan Reed; 7. Craig Woods; 8. Cody Whitworth; 9. Gary Kelley; 10. Mike Herring; 11. Bud Hanna; 12. Danny Merrell; 13. Mark Klis Jr.; 14. Josh Hanna; 15. Matt Etzelmiller; 16. Kenny Elwood; 17. Drew Wright; 18. Bob Odom; 19. Chase Parson; 20. Matt Holt; 21. David Munden; 22. Steven Elliott.last_img read more

Trio pull out of friendly squad

first_img Press Association Gareth McAuley, Chris Brunt and Michael O’Connor have withdrawn from the Northern Ireland squad for the friendly against Turkey on Friday. No replacements have been announced at this stage, but such a paucity of numbers makes it probable that the likes of Barnsley winger Paddy McCourt could be called up to cover for Brunt, while Hull’s Alex Bruce would be a possible replacement for defender McAuley. O’Neill would be loathe to draw on his the country’s under-21 squad for reinforcements given that they have a European Championship qualifier in Italy on Thursday night, just a day before the senior game in Adana. center_img West Brom duo McAuley and Brunt have been key figures for manager Michael O’Neill and their loss – Brunt to groin and knee problems and McAuley for unspecified personal reasons – will severely weaken the squad. Both men played the full 90 minutes in Albion’s dramatic 2-2 draw with Chelsea on Saturday. The further absence of nine-cap Rotherham midfielder O’Connor, who has a thigh injury, leaves O’Neill with just 18 players at his disposal. last_img read more

Lallana: I could stay with Saints

first_img Press Association “I feel I’ve been honest throughout my whole career and I want to be honest now to whoever I’m speaking to, whether it’s the fans, the manager or anyone. “Every fan would realise that there’s big potential in our team and we have players who can go and play at a higher level – we proved that when there were 16 of our lads away on international duty. “I’m certainly ambitious. I want to one day play in the Champions League and compete for the Premier League title, but I still feel like I’m the same guy I was when we were playing in League One and the Championship. “I haven’t changed my personality or changed as a person. It’s a privilege to be in this position and I wouldn’t change it for the world.” This has been a fine campaign for the 26-year-old, whose wonderful performances saw him nominated for the Professional Footballers’ Association Player of the Year award and named in the team of the season. This week Lallana cleaned up at Southampton’s annual awards and the attacking midfielder is set to be named in Roy Hodgson’s World Cup squad on Monday – less than 24 hours after what is being billed in some quarters as his last match for Southampton. The academy graduate has been heavily linked with a move to Liverpool and some interpreted the emotional nature of his awards night speech on Tuesday as a hint that his future lies away from St Mary’s. “I got emotional because it’s been a journey that I couldn’t have dreamed of – but I’m not saying that this is the end by any means,” Lallana told the Southampton matchday magazine ahead of the match with Manchester United. “Obviously, with how well the club and its players have done, there are going to be some decisions to make in the summer, and maybe it all hit home a little bit when I was speaking. “How far we’ve come in a short space of time is beyond anyone’s belief. We’ve won our league, in our eyes, with where we’ve finished. “We’re now in a position where we have to sit down as a club and decide what is best and what’s the right route to take, because we want to be a stable club – that’s the main thing. “We want to be competing in the Premier League for the next four or five years and forever longer.” Lallana is not the only big name to have been linked with a move away from Saints, with teenager Luke Shaw and manager Mauricio Pochettino also attracting admiring glances. “I just want to be honest,” Lallana added. Adam Lallana wants to be challenging for the title and playing Champions League football, but the England international insists that does not necessarily mean he will leave Southampton this summer.last_img read more

Hero CPL showdown at Providence Stadium

first_imgAmazon Warriors clash with Jamaica Tallawahs today … Maintaining the winning momentum will be the order of the day, says skipper GuptillTHE Hero Caribbean Premier League (CPL) Twenty20 showdown at sunset in Guyana todayJamaica Tallawahs head coach Paul Nixonwill take on great significance as hosts Guyana Amazon Warriors will be aiming to build on their very ordinary performances while the Jamaica Tallawahs will be looking to continue their incredible season.Set for an 18:00hrs start at the Guyana National Stadium, Providence, the showdown will be the first of four for the Warriors at home.With both sides teeming with talented and explosive players, the stage is set for riveting on-field action. If the players deliver, then it will complement the advertised party-style entertainment in front of an expected large spectator turnout.However, the task ahead will not be easy for either team, since the rivalry is fierce and what makes it even more so is the fact that both teams are evenly matched and it is very difficult to pick one above the other.Statistically this season, the Jamaica Tallawahs have three wins from four games, against the Warriors, who have one win from their four games.But, while home advantage could play a major role for the Warriors, skipper Martin Guptill said maintaining the winning momentum from the last game against St. Lucia Stars will be the order of the day.Members of the Guyana Amazon Warriors during yesterday’s net session“It’s always tough here batting in Guyana, the wicket is a bit slower and it takes a little more turn than the other places, but the boys have had two days of good training, so we are looking forward to it tomorrow (today).“At the end of the day you just have to go out there and try your best, and that’s what we are looking to do and I hope the guys build on the good start we had in St Lucia the other night and hopefully we can keep carry on,” Guptill, the New Zealander said at yesterday’s pre-match press conference.Guptill further revealed that despite the Warriors’ average showing to date, the team spirit remains high, adding that each player is very level-headed at the moment.On the other hand, the Jamaica franchise have been powered by all-round team performances this season.Paul Nixon, the coach of the Jamaica franchise, is optimistic that the team can continue their winning trend in what is anticipated to be their toughest task to date.Nixon, reflecting on the team’s performance in the previous games, hopes to maintain a business-like approach.Meanwhile, according to a close source from the local ticketing office, tickets for the game are available.Tickets cost $5 000 for the Red and Green Stands; $3 000 for the Orange Stand and $2 500 for the Grass Mound.The Warriors will play Trinbago Knight Riders on August 19 from 12:00hrs; Barbados Tridents on August 20 from 18:00hrs and St Lucia Stars on August 22 from 18:00hrs.Gates open for today’s game from 16:00hrs.last_img read more

Woods in danger of missing Memorial Tournament cut

first_img(BBC) – Tiger Woods faces an anxious wait at the Memorial Tournament after a four-over 76 left him at three over par, one shot outside the projected cut mark.The American, playing in his first PGA Tour event after the coronavirus break, has won the event a record five times and never missed the cut in 17 starts.World number one Rory McIlroy had a level-par 72 to stay two under.Ryan Palmer (68) and Tony Finau (69) lead on nine under with half the field still to complete their second rounds.Overnight leader Finau dropped two shots in his first three holes but three birdies in his final five holes saw him move level with Palmer, who has had only one bogey in his opening two rounds.They lead world number two Jon Rahm by one shot after he hit a five-under 67. A victory this weekend could see Rahm become only the second Spaniard after Seve Ballesteros to lead the world rankings.MCILROY AND WOODS FIGHT HARDNorthern Ireland’s McIlroy had a disastrous start, bogeying his first hole, the 10th and then double-bogeying the 11th after driving into water from the tee.A pair of birdies on the 14th and 15th holes were followed by another bogey and after cancelling out another birdie with a bogey on the back nine, he holed a nine-foot putt for eagle on the fifth and birdied the sixth to get to three under.However, his round ended disappointingly with a three-putt bogey from 33 feet on the ninth.Woods, playing alongside McIlroy and in his first professional event in five months, dropped six shots in eight holes and was looking set to definitely miss the cut when he also bogeyed the sixth to leave him five over with three to play.He rallied with a birdie on the par-five seventh and rolled in a 20-foot birdie putt on the eighth to get to three over.However, a wild drive on the par-four ninth meant he was unable to reach the green in two and he had to settle for a par and a nervous wait to see if the cut mark moves out by a shot.“Well, not very good” was Woods’ assessment of his round. “I three-putted two holes early and, whatever kind of momentum I was going to create, I stifled that early and fought it the rest of the day.”last_img read more

Irish riders going well in Spain

first_imgMartin is 33 seconds behind overall leader Esteban Chaves, while Roche is just three seconds further back.Today’s stage will featured a fast-paced down-hill start before a pair of third category climbs before the finish.last_img